Low Glycemic Ground Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats
For a southwestern twist on this classic ground beef dish, try these light and flavor-packed Mexican-style zucchini boats.
- Start by cutting two large zucchinis lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cup cooked ground beef, ¼ cup diced white onion, ½ cup black beans, ½ cup corn kernels and ¼ cup chopped cilantro.
- Stuff each boat with the mixture, top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese each, and place in a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is tender.
- Serve garnished with additional cilantro and lime wedges if desired. Enjoy!